Mayo Personal Injury Lawyer
Recovering from your serious injury may be the hardest thing that you are ever encountered with in your life. Feeling helpless and feeling like a victim adds another level of emotional turmoil. To take back your life, as well as the financial damages caused to you, we encourage you to discuss your case with one of the Mayo personal injury lawyers here at Douglas & Douglas.
Types of Cases We Handle
- Catastrophic Injury—Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, amputations, or spinal cord damage will be with a person for the rest of their life. Personal injury claims for these cases are extremely important because a person may have life-long medical bills or no longer be able to work due to their injuries.
- Defective Product—We use products almost every minute of our daily lives. From the coffee pot to the chair you sit while drinking coffee, these products frequently help us with work, play, and household chores. If a product is defective, a person can sustain burn injuries, lacerations, broken bones, or poisoning.
- Dog Bite—Florida Statute 767.04 states that a dog owner is liable for any person bitten by the dog on public property or on lawfully on private property, regardless of whether or not the dog has a prior history of being vicious.
- Motorcycle Accident—Motorcyclists are vulnerable road users who lack the same protections that a car driver or passenger has. As a result, motorcyclists can sustain severe and life-threatening injuries when another road user is driving distracted, aggressively, or otherwise is careless
- Nursing Home Injury—Florida is home to a large aging population, many of whom are living in nursing homes. Unfortunately, elders are at a higher risk of abuse and neglect and thus can suffer injuries caused by those who care for them.
- Pool & Swimming Accident—According to ABC Action News, drowning deaths increased 70 percent from 2019 to 2020 across Florida. If a child drowns in a pool that does not meet Florida’s safety guidelines, the pool owner may be held liable for their drowning.
- Premises Liability—Individuals and businesses must maintain their property so that it is safe for visitors who come onto the premises. If an injury occurs on another person’s premises and they were aware of the hazard, they can be held at fault.
- Slip & Fall—Slip and falls are frequently caused by uneven surfaces, wet floors, broken handrails, and tripping hazards such as cords. Injuries can range from a broken bone to a brain injury or even death if the fall is from a great height.
- Watercraft Accidents—Boating is often meant to be a leisure activity, but it still requires the boat driver to pay attention and follow the navigation rules, or else they can be held liable for injuries they cause.
- Wrongful Death—No personal injury case can bring back a loved one, but filing a claim for compensation can help cover funeral and burial costs along with providing financial support for your family moving forward.
- Other Accidents—Bike collisions, aviation accidents, truck collisions, and car collisions.
Call Our Mayo Personal Injury Attorneys
An attorney will make all the difference in how you are treated during the legal process of compensation. We can not only help you receive the compensation that you are owed, but we can also provide you with peace of mind. Call our Mayo personal injury attorneys at Douglas & Douglas today at 904-201-8226 to schedule a free consultation.