Starke Truck Accident Lawyer
Thousands of trucks enter Florida every year, and many of them travel through Starke as they deliver their goods. Unfortunately, commercial trucks are extremely big vehicles. When they crash into smaller cars, the results are catastrophic for those in the passenger vehicle. It is not uncommon for these accidents to even be fatal for those involved. Truck accidents are usually caused by negligence, but determining which party is at fault is never easy. Our Starke truck accident lawyer can determine who caused your crash and will hold them accountable for paying the full compensation you deserve.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Starke?
Truck driver negligence is ten times more likely to cause a collision involving a commercial truck than any other reason, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). There are many ways truck drivers can act negligently behind the wheel and place everyone else on the road at risk. The most common of these include:
- Improper lane changes
- Drowsy driving
- Impaired driving
- Violation of the federal laws regulating the trucking industry, such as the hours of service rule
- Distracted driving
Truck drivers are not the only ones that can be found at fault for an accident. Other negligent acts that result in catastrophic truck crashes are as follows:
- Defective trucks or defective truck parts
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Incorrect trailer attachment
- Improperly maintained trucks
- Improper inspections
- Negligent hiring and training practices
Clearly, there are many negligent acts that can cause a truck accident. Determining what caused a crash is rarely easy. A truck accident lawyer in Starke can determine what caused the crash, so you know who to hold liable.
Determining Liability After a Starke Truck Accident
Although it is true that truck drivers are to blame for truck accidents most of the time, that is not always the case. There are many potentially liable parties and they are as follows:
- Trucking companies: When trucking companies do not ensure they are hiring skilled and experienced truck drivers, or they do not provide proper training, they can be found at fault for truck driver negligence. Additionally, if trucking companies do not regularly inspect and maintain their vehicles, they can also be found liable if that fact contributed to the accident.
- Loading companies: It is critical that the cargo on a truck is loaded properly. If it is not, it may shift during transit or spill off of the truck. If the cargo shifts, it can throw the entire vehicle off balance, making it difficult for the driver to control the truck.
- Inspection and maintenance companies: Trucking companies often outsource inspections and maintenance on their trucks and these companies have a legal obligation to ensure they do their job properly.
- Manufacturers: When defective truck parts cause a crash, the manufacturer can be held liable for failing to keep people safe.
Call Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Starke for a Free Consultation
If you have been hurt in a crash, our Starke truck accident lawyers at Douglas & Douglas will determine who was liable and hold them accountable for paying the full compensation you are entitled to. Call us now at 904-201-8226 or reach out to us online to schedule a free accident consultation.