Macclenny Auto Accident Lawyer
Macclenny is one of the biggest cities in Greater Jacksonville. There are many people on the roads and auto accidents do happen. Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage can help after a crash if you have been hurt, but these benefits are rarely enough to cover the cost of serious injuries. You may have to file a claim against the negligent driver to recover the full financial compensation you are entitled to. Our Macclenny auto accident lawyer can advise you of your legal options and ensure your best interests are always protected.
What Causes Auto Accidents in Macclenny?
The vast majority of auto accidents in Macclenny are caused by another person’s negligent actions. Any act of negligence, or carelessness, can easily cause an accident on the roads. Still, there are some that are more common than others. The most common causes of accidents in the city include:
- Drunk driving: Despite the fact that most people understand that drunk driving is extremely dangerous, others still get behind the wheel after having too much to drink. When a person drives while impaired, they have slower reaction times, poor judgment, and trouble concentrating.
- Distracted driving: Contrary to what many people believe, texting while driving is not the only type of distraction people face on the road. Rowdy passengers, eating, drinking, and loud music are just a few other types of common distractions.
- Failure to comply with traffic laws: The traffic laws in the state are there for a reason. They are intended to keep people safe. A violation of traffic law could mean that the violator is presumed negligent.
- Aggressive driving: Weaving erratically in and out of lanes, speeding excessively, and tailgating are just a few examples of aggressive driving that causes accidents.
- Defective vehicle parts: Manufacturers have a legal obligation to ensure their products are safe for consumers to use. When brakes, steering systems, or any other part of a vehicle is defective and causes a crash, the manufacturer can be held liable.
What are Your Legal Options After an Auto Accident
The aftermath of an auto accident is traumatic, and you may not know where to turn for help. Fortunately, you do have many options for claiming the compensation you need. They are as follows:
- PIP: Under Florida’s no-fault auto insurance laws, you can claim PIP benefits up to the limits of your policy.
- Filing a claim against the negligent driver’s insurance company: If PIP benefits are not enough to cover the cost of your injuries and you meet the serious injury threshold under state law, you can file a claim with the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Filing a lawsuit directly against the negligent driver: If your injuries are extremely serious, you may be able to claim additional compensation by filing a lawsuit directly against the negligent driver.
Our Auto Accident Lawyer in Macclenny Can Advise You of Your Options
After a crash, our Macclenny auto accident lawyers at Douglas & Douglas can review your legal options with you and devise a strategy to help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation available. Call us now at 904-201-8226 or reach out to us online to schedule a free consultation.