Lake Butler Truck Accident Lawyer
Of all the motor vehicle accidents that happen on Lake Butler’s roads, those involving commercial trucks are the worst. Trucks are much longer, heavier, and larger than the other vehicles they share the road with. When they collide with a smaller vehicle, the occupants in that vehicle have little chance of escaping the crash unscathed.
A truck accident will leave you with many injuries and other losses. You can file a claim against the negligent party to recover compensation, but going up against the big insurance companies is not easy. Our Lake Butler truck accident lawyer will ensure your claim is filed properly so you receive the fair damages you deserve.
What are the Common Injuries Sustained in a Truck Accident?
The injuries sustained in a truck accident are catastrophic, and you may find that they have a dramatic impact on your quality of life. It is true that a truck accident can cause any type of injury, but there are some that are more common than others. These are as follows:
- Back injuries: The spinal column is one of the most fragile, and one of the most important, parts of the body. When the spine becomes damaged, it can result in fractured vertebrae, ruptured discs, and even paralysis.
- Neck injuries: A fractured vertebrae in the neck is a very serious injury, and whiplash is a common injury seen after truck accidents, too.
- Broken bones: The impact of a truck accident can easily crush or break bones. This injury usually requires surgery to repair the damage.
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), fractured skulls, and contusions are just a few head injuries sustained during a truck crash.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma to the body can result in internal bleeding and damage to the internal organs such as the spleen, pancreas, liver, and kidneys.
- Wrongful death: Tragically, a truck accident is much more likely to cause a fatality than other auto collisions.
Types of Truck Accidents in Lake Butler
There are many different types of accidents trucks can be involved in. Each is unique and requires knowledge about how these crashes occur, so you know who to hold liable. The most common types of truck accidents in Lake Butler include:
- Jackknife accidents, when the trailer swings away from the tractor and sits perpendicular to it at a 90 degree angle
- Rollover accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
- Blind spot, or “no zone” accidents
- Underride accidents
- Lost load accidents due to improper loading of the cargo
Contact Our Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Lake Butler Today
If you have been injured in a collision involving a commercial truck, do not wait to contact our Lake Butler truck accident lawyers. At Douglas & Douglas, our seasoned attorneys know how to identify the liable party and will hold them fully accountable for paying the fair and just damages you are entitled to. Call us today at 386-752-5511 or fill out our online form to schedule an injury consultation and to learn more about how we can help with your claim.