Dixie County Auto Accident Lawyer
People go from place to place without considering how much power they wield behind the driver’s wheel and how dangerous their vehicle can be to other road users if they were to get into a crash. As a result, too many people suffer injuries on the road. If you have been the victim of another driver’s careless behavior, it is time to seek legal counsel from a Dixie County auto accident lawyer at Douglas and Douglas.
Frequent Causes of Vehicle Collisions
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 400,000 Americans were injured in crashes that involved a distracted driver in 2018. The National Safety Council reported that two different sources found drowsy driving to be responsible for between 71,000 injuries and 109,000 injuries annually. Other frequent causes of traffic crashes include intoxicated drivers, aggressive drivers, and drivers who are speeding to get somewhere. Some common types of collisions that are seen as a result of these behaviors include:
- Rear-End Crashes—These can happen when a driver is following too closely because they are trying to intimidate the first driver or because they are simply distracted, drowsy, or drunk and trying to match their speed to another driver who is paying better attention to the road.
- Drifting Across Lanes Into Oncoming Traffic—Drivers who are drunk, falling asleep, or looking down at their phone may not realize that their vehicle is drifting out of their lane and into oncoming traffic. While some newer vehicles detect and warn the driver of drifting, these drivers are not paying enough attention to correct their course in time and can cause severe injury when a head-on collision happens.
- Improper Lane Changes—The easiest way to spot an impatient and aggressive driver is by their frequent attempts to change lanes, often without as much as a glance in the rear-view mirror or turn signal. They may also try to get around another car by passing on the right. When a driver fails to follow the rules of the road when changing lanes, they can swipe sideways into another vehicle and cause injuries.
You Can Seek Compensation for The Following Damages:
If you have been involved in a vehicle collision, you will be able to seek compensation from the liable party’s insurance company for the following damages:
- Medical bills;
- Future anticipated medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Lost future earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Travel expenses to medical appointments;
- Property damage; and
Contact Our Dixie County Auto Accident Attorneys Today
Being the victim in a traffic collision is difficult. Not only do you have to contend with the physical injuries, but you may find it scary to travel in another vehicle or be stressed by the change in schedule. At Douglas and Douglas, our Dixie County auto accident attorneys understand that post-crash is a hard time and we want to ease the legal burden by handling your personal injury case. We will help you compile evidence to support what your case is worth and negotiate compensation with the insurance companies on your behalf. Contact us at 904-201-8226 to schedule a free consultation today.