Branford Truck Accident Lawyer
Millions of commercial trucks come into Florida every year. As they travel through Branford and the rest of the state, they must share the road with smaller passenger vehicles. Just like other motorists, truck drivers can become involved in a crash with another vehicle. During an accident such as this, it is always the occupants in the smaller vehicle who will sustain the most serious injuries.
You can file a claim against the negligent party after a truck crash. However, these claims present many challenges. Truck accidents happen in seconds and so, you may not even know what happened. If you have been hurt, our Branford truck accident lawyer can help you file your claim so you obtain the full damages you rightfully deserve.
Different Types of Trucks Involved in Collisions
For many people, it is natural to first think of tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers when they first think of truck accidents. It is true that these vehicles can be involved in horrific crashes. However, there are many other different types of trucks that can also cause injury when they are out on the road. Our attorneys handle many different types of truck accident claims including:
- Rental trucks
- Dump trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Heavy trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Cement trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Unsecured loads on trucks
Accidents involving the above types of trucks, and any claim filed afterwards, are all unique from each other. It is important to work with a Branford truck accident lawyer who is familiar with the different types of trucks, and the injuries they cause.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Branford?
One of the first things you must do when filing a truck accident claim is determine how the crash happened so you know who to hold liable. A few of the most common causes of truck accidents are as follows:
- Driving under the influence of illegal drugs, medication, or alcohol
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving or operating the different systems within a truck
- Drowsy driving, usually due to a truck driver violating the hours of service law
- Violations of the rules for truck drivers and trucking companies outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Aggressive driving, which can include speeding, tailgating, and improper lane changes
- Failing to complete an inspection prior to any trip
- Operating a truck without a commercial driver’s license, or without an appropriate endorsement for driving the vehicle
- Driving a commercial truck with known medical conditions that could result in a severe medical event, such as a seizure or heart attack
It is not always easy to determine how a truck accident occurred. A lawyer will conduct an investigation and collect evidence to determine what caused the crash, and prove it.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Branford Can Handle Your Case
At Douglas & Douglas, our experienced Branford truck accident lawyer is passionate about helping injured individuals claim the compensation they need during their recovery, and we can help you, too. Call us now at 386-752-5511 or fill out our online form to schedule a free injury consultation.