Baker County Personal Injury Lawyer
The negligent actions of another party should not put you in jeopardy of losing your home due to bankruptcy. If that party’s carelessness ends up causing you a life-long disability, you should not have to live a reduced quality of life simply because you cannot afford the necessities now that you are unable to work full time. Regardless of what the outcome may end up being in your specific case, recovering from a personal injury is long and arduous, and the future is uncertain. To ensure that you at least have some form of financial security to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other significant damages, you need to contact the Baker County personal injury lawyers at Douglas & Douglas.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Focus On
- Traffic Collisions
- Car Crashes—Car crashes are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injury, in addition to chronic back pain and whiplash.
- Truck Collisions—Being involved in a crash with a large truck is a terrifying experience. Because the bodily injury policies for trucking companies are so extensive, you need an attorney on your side when it comes time to dealing with the insurance carrier.
- Pedestrian Injuries—Florida has the highest rate of pedestrian fatalities in the nation, according to the Miami Herald. Unfortunately, there has been no other times worse than now when it comes to pedestrian safety.
- Bicycle Collisions—Cyclists face a barrage of threats to their safety on Baker County roads, including distracted drivers, harassment, and inadequate road infrastructure.
- Motorcycle Collisions—While helmets are not required for motorcyclists in Florida (under statute 316.211) , your claim can be reduced in value if you were not wearing one at the time of the crash, even when the other party was 100 percent at fault for causing the crash.
- Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and Fall—Slip and falls are a leading cause of hip fractures, and not just among the elderly. A bad slip and fall in a restaurant, store, or other place of business can lead to serious injury even among the young and healthy.
- Dog Bites—If you were bitten or attacked by a dog, whether it was on the premises of the owner or not, the owner is liable. Compensation typically comes from their homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Pool & Swimming Accidents—Swimming pool deaths, near-drownings, concussions, fractured limbs, and other injuries are common in Florida. The homeowner or property owner may be liable.
- Other Accidents We Handle:
- Aviation Accidents;
- Boating Accidents and WaterCraft Accidents;
- Defective Products;
- Nursing Home Abuse;
- Catastrophic Injuries; and
- Wrongful Death.
Call a Baker County Personal Injury For Professional Assistance Help
Injuries stemming from another’s negligence can be heavily compensated for by that party, but only when you, the victim, works with an attorney. Without legal representation, you may be compensated but it will be far less than what you are owed. To ensure that your medical bills are covered, your lost wages and future lost earnings are accounted for, and your pain and suffering is taken into account, we strongly encourage you to reach out to the Baker County personal injury lawyers at Douglas & Douglas today at 904-201-8226 to schedule a free consultation.