Jasper Personal Injury Lawyer
Being injured is difficult no matter the circumstances, but it is especially challenging when another person’s negligence was the cause of your suffering. If you have been hurt and believe another at-fault party should be held liable, it is time to speak with an experienced Jasper personal injury lawyer at Douglas and Douglas. We can help you file a comprehensive personal injury claim with the insurance companies so that you are properly compensated for the damages.
We Represent Clients in The Following Personal Injury Cases
- Car Crashes—Crashes on the road are frequently caused by a driver who is not abiding by the law. Whether they are driving distracted, speeding, drowsy, aggressive, or under the influence, a person whose thoughtless driving habits cause injuries should be held liable through a personal injury claim.
- Truck Crashes—According to the National Safety Council, 150,000 people nationwide were injured in truck crashes throughout 2018. Trucks are particularly dangerous because they are carrying heavy cargo and are larger in size than most other vehicles on the road.
- Bicycle Crashes—In 2019 there were 6,590 bicycle crashes across Florida according to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. While helmets can offer some protection against traumatic brain injuries, cyclists are vulnerable road users who are likely to suffer severe injuries when involved in a collision caused by a driver.
- Pedestrian Crashes—Pedestrians are most at risk of being hurt in crosswalks or when a road lacks a proper sidewalk for them. A driver may try to place blame on the pedestrian, but a qualified attorney can help you collect evidence to prove the driver was liable.
- Catastrophic Injury—These injuries are the most life-threatening ones such as when a person suffers injuries to their spinal cord or brain, or requires an amputation. Furthermore, they can require life-long medical care and vastly alter a person’s ability to work in the future. Compensation from a personal injury claim can be crucial for the injured person’s future.
- Nursing Home Injury—Nursing home residents are vulnerable to abuse and neglect because they cannot physically defend themselves and are often isolated from others. It is important if you notice any bruising, sudden weakened state, or emotional distress in a family member that you speak to a skilled attorney who can help you investigate further.
- Defective Products—A defective product can cause poisoning, burns, lacerations, or broken bones. Furniture, children’s toys, sporting equipment, appliances, and anything else you use to make life easier can be hazardous if defective.
- Other Personal Injury Cases—Dog bites, aviation accidents, premises liability cases, wrongful death, slip and falls, motorcycle collisions, and more.
Contact the Jasper Personal Injury Attorneys at Douglas and Douglas
A personal injury attorney will be able to help you determine the worth of your case. We will consider medical bills, time away from work, how the injury impacts your future ability to work, property damage, and pain and suffering. To learn more about how the Jasper personal injury attorneys at Douglas and Douglas can help, contact us at 904-201-8226 to schedule a free consultation today.